So I finally got around to that showdown between VonHanson Old Fashioned, VonHanson All-Beef 1/4 lb, and Boar's head. I think the VH all-beefs were the best. It is hard to beat them because it tastes like the meat is aged or partially fermented. The VH OF's were second. Pleasant, nice snap from the casing and coarse grind meat, decent seasoning nothing to complain about. The BH were an excellent example of the art but they just didn't offer much that stood out head-and-shoulders over what you typically get. They had the typical hot dog flavor like Nathans or Ted's which surprised me... I though they would be different. Very nice bun-lengths I will give them that. I wish I could test the others but they either aren't distributed here or are too pricey to ship.

One dog I forgot to recommend that is easy to overlook is the Bar-S 1/4 lb all-beefs. Those are quite nice with a bit of cayenne bite which surprised me. I wish the VH ones would be spicy like these... that would be perfect, best yet. Anyways I hope this helps those who appreciate things done well regardless of whether simple or complex.