I bought a Marlin SS 270 from an old friend I helped get started as a dealer from back when I repped for a Dallas based wholesaler 20 years earlier. I had just bought a blue nib Marlin 270 for $250 that morning from a guy cleaning out all of his "leftovers" that his family was supposed to pay for and had left him hanging with the extra's they "forgot about" on his CC to pay off.

I stopped off at one of my old time dealers from way back when, to get some rings and get him to mount my scope. It seems my old dealer friend had bought out all the Marlin inventory from a Louisiana wholesaler couple months earlier and suggested I check out the remaining selection if I wanted another caliber at his cost...and found his last nib 270 in Stainless Steel for a $50 bump + the trade of my nib blue 270.

Yes this SS 270 is a Kentucky built rifle, but it shoots out of the box better than a whole bunch of the low end stuff I'd bought NIB in recent years Always wondered about the Kentucky origin...But as good as this one shoots I'd buy all of the SS Marlin's I can find to use for trade goods if nothing else.
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 11/18/21. Reason: clarity