I still laugh when I think of the first time I took my xs-7 blued 308 I bought on closeout at Cabelas to a informal long range shoot. They come with their own rail and I dropped on a set of 30mm rings and a M3 10x Mk4 leupold with a dial calibrated for 168 bthp at 2700 fps. Bore sighted , then zero'ed at a 100 and indexed the dial. Shot at steel at various ranges to 770 yds just dialing it, didn t miss much. Guy spotting for me asked to see the rifle. He said he'd never seen one before, what did they cost? I told him I had got it on clearance for 275 and he kinda gawked at me. So then he is looking at my scope and finally ID's that with the mk4 on the bottom of the windage turret housing. He says you put a 1000 dollar scope on a 275 dollar rifle? I said yeah but I'm from SD. What the hell does that have to do with it? He says, I replied even SD guys know you wanna shoot far and hit sh*t you have to be able to see sh*t. Lol still laughing on that one. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "