Originally Posted by 158XTP
I miss zero speed bumps, no seat belts, no fences on backyards pools, no dogs leashed, no eperbs on boats, no gun laws, no swimming restrictions, no camping permits, no bike helmets, no gunsafes( never had anything stolen) only 2 TV channels, most yards with no fences, beers at lunch time then back to work, kids hanging about in groups of 6-20 after school playing cricket, tag or just cruising around to each others place. I miss when bad behaviour, lack of fortitude or poor judgement wasnt blamed on learned helplessness, OCD, PTSD, PMS, ADHD and all the other alphabet spaghetti nonsense. Explaining this to kids these days youi'd think the 70's and 80's must have been a warzone of uncaring pyscopaths, dogs attacking kids while dad crashed drunk into next doors unfenced pool in the middle of stolen firearm gunfights lol. But it wasnt. It was a quieter, easier and politer life than now.

On that note I miss how in a workplace you could set your watch by the way people acted, in that it rarely changed. Occasionally some guy might have a death in the family or divorce and seem a'' bit off'' for bit. Contrast this to a modern workplace where the mood//snakiness/verbal abuse cycle up and down several times in a bloody day. Everyone acting normal at 12pm... then everyone acting like angry dicks by 2pm. Actually can someone even explain what that phenomenon is??? It started in about 2002, I even remember the year and thinking wtf everyone is acting crazy, is the government putting something in the water lol. Still wondering now.

That's what I'm talking about. Couldn't have said it better. It may be an age thing, the time that you compare with.