I wonder if one started up an optics company from scratch right here in the U.S. and focused on making a scope that is completely 100% Made In USA, soup to nuts, if it would even succeed? I'm saying move heaven and earth to source every small detail from stuff mined, refined, processed in North America - right down to the rubber in the O-rings and coatings on the glass (if it were even possible that stuff could be sourced from here), and that includes the extremely high-tech machinery and instruments needed to manufacture it too. And let's not forget the wages for everybody in the pipeline being sufficient to afford a solid middle class lifestyle. How would such a philosophy drive the cost of the final product, and would people pay the money for it out of loyalty/patriotism? I'll guarantee you if someone actually managed to pull off an idealistic endeavor like that, for a state-of-the-art top end world-class quality scope it would make the price of a Zeiss/Swarovski look like a BSA 3-9x in comparison. Betcha they would slowly sell maybe, maybe, a pickup truck full and then quietly lock the doors and turn out the lights.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 11/23/21.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty