Do you hunt with or have hunted with someone that always seems to get a nice one each season?

We hunt with someone in our hunting group that is that guy. For years I always laughed when other members of our group would say, man he has a horseshoe up his ass. I think I heard it the most this year and it has got me thinking…
Now, not to say other members of our group don’t get a nice trophy or the biggest buck here and there. The thing that is different with our horseshoe friend is he consistently connects. Doesn’t matter if it’s with a bow or gun, public or private land, he always makes it happen and usually it’s a dandy.

He has multiple 160”+ public land Whitetails, with a few closing in 190”. We have been hunting together for close to 20 years and I never really noticed it as much as I did this year. Looking back over the years, I can’t really say he does anything special or cutting edge, but is an above average hunter from a skills standpoint.

He is very good and reading sign, terrain and understanding movement. The biggest thing that I think is driving his success is his positivity. He is very happy and cracking jokes constantly. If someone else shoots an animal and needs help, he is on the way to help them right away. He puts up stands for other people running late or will even scout areas for other hunters a head of time.

So, do you have you hunt with or have hunted with someone like this? What have you attributed to their success?

Thanks,
Matt