Swag: Yeah - I have a friend that has at least 7 "lucky horseshoes" up his ass.
I befriended him about 23 years ago when he retired from a Utah law enforcement agency and moved to SW Montana.
He had never shot an Antelope before and pestered me to take him along on a Powder River area Hunt I used to do every year that I got drawn.
I thought well he won't get drawn first year - but he did!
He also broke his ankle just before season and "he" was restricted to Hunting from my VarmintMobile.
I got an okay 14" Buck and we then had some three days of trying to get him close to "shootable" Buck.
ON day three, late in the afternoon, he finally cranked off a shot (from the truck) at an outstanding Buck Antelope at 250 yards and promptly shot the penis clean off of that Buck.
I chased that Buck for MILES and finally killed it for him just at the end of shooting hours - it's horns were 16" long and near Boone & Crockett! Then I had to clean the Buck and tote it on my back (no easy feat!) in the dark back to where my "lucky friend" was waiting in the rig.
I have never killed such a dandy Antelope as he did first year, and from the truck! And I have been Hunting them since 1969.
It gets worse - he had never killed a big Bull Elk and asked for a recommendation for one of Montanas limited entry "trophy" Elk areas.
I had been putting in for years in the Missouri Breaks and had never been drawn for that Bull Rifle tag.
First year he puts in he gets drawn - and after much hardship on the Hunt he kills a dandy 7x7 Bull Elk - as I helped him (no tag for me!).
Next he gets the hots for a Mt. Goat and sure enough first year he puts in he gets drawn and puts the arm on me for scouting and for the Hunt - we got him a dandy 9 3/4" Billy high up in the Tobacco Root Mountains.
It gets worse - he had never shot a Moose and puts in for a VERY difficult draw area adjoining his home property here in SW Montana - I have been putting in for 24 years now and never been drawn!
Of course first year he is drawn and we get him a nice 44" Bull.
It gets worse - now he is on a quest to get a Montana Bighorn Sheep - second year applying he is drawn successfully in the hardest area (I believe) in Montana to get a Bighorn Ram tag - the Missouri Breaks
I could NOT go along on that Hunt with him but on the second day he mortifies a Boone & Crockett "all time records book" qualifying Ram!
I was thinking of "terminating" (with extreme prejudice!) him but held off.
I have been putting in for 24 years now to get tags for Bighorn, Moose and Mt. Goat and have yet to be drawn for any of them!
Yeah horseshoe luck does NOT begin to describe accurately my "friend"!
Last year his wife laid down the law to him - it was pussy forever and move her back to her homeland (Thailand) or divorce - so he sold all his guns and sold all his trophy mounts (I bid on the Bighorn Ram mount up to $3,000.00!) but it sold for much more than that.
He was Mormon and NOT a gambling man but I am sure if he would have ever bought a LOTTO ticket he would have won.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy