Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by Middlebranch
Wondering if anyone has any experience switching from halogens to led headlights. Pros, cons, etc. Is it a good idea to mess with after market lighting? Thinking about switching over in a 21 trailboss. Thanks.

BTW.....good luck with that truck. So many having lifter failures again. At the very least look at range technologies to turn off AFM/DOD. I was gonna buy one before the prices went up but I had it happen in my truck once....once was enough.

They have gone to DFM as a replacement and I noticed that on many window stickers because of the chip shortage that "feature" will not be operational.

Deactivated in the system. The lifters are still there. No diff than the folks running some sort of controller like range technologies since day one and still experiencing lifter collapse.

"If a customer brings their vehicle to a GM dealership and reports a valve lifter problem, the dealership will first determine whether or not the customer has experienced a previous valve lifter issue with this particular vehicle. If they have not and the vehicle has less than 8,000 miles on the odometer, the dealer will replace the lifters on both cylinder banks. If the vehicle has more than 8,000 miles, only one bank of lifters will be replaced.

If the customer has experienced prior valve lifter failures, dealers can choose one of three options: replace one bank of lifters and offer the customer a 60-month, 100,000-mile Powertrain Component Coverage Letter, replace the entire engine, or reach out to the District Manager of Aftersales for further guidance. The solutions are similar for a customer that has experienced valve lifter issues in the past and had one bank of lifters replaced. In this case, the dealer can replace one bank of lifters and offer a 60-month, 100,000-mile Powertrain Component Coverage Letter or reach out to the District Manager of Aftersales."