I had a great bow season shooting a nice buck in September. Rifle season did not go as planned and a doe for the freezer on the last day will provide meat for sausage making this winter.

Went into the muzzleloader season that started Dec 1 looking a big mule deer. South Dakota's muzzleloader season runs Dec 1 through Jan 1. ANY deer and statewide, which makes it a highly coveted tag . I had 8 years preference but most take 5 years. Had no intentions of taking a whitetail, unless something special came along. After covering a bunch of ground, and coming out of the woods, I came face to face with this one. Certainly good enough to end my season on Dec 4th

In all of my hunting saw; elk, mule deer, whitetail, coyote, fox, bald eagle, turkey, ruffed grouse, sharptail grouse, golden and bald eagles.

With the dry warm weather was able to access some of my favorite high country. Enjoyed the 4 days of hunting and certainly was not expecting to end the season so soon. But when a great opportunity presents, you take it. Absolutely thrilled with how it turned out.

TC Triumph fiber optic open sights, 82.2gr (weighed) BH 209. Harvester black sabot and Hornady .452 diameter FTX. Shot was 40 yards, and the deer went maybe 30 yards.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Arcus Venator