Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I believe LOW builds to the specs provided by the company they are building for.

....there would be a lot wrapped up in that. Quality of parts used, what parts are made of, tube thickness, coatings, etc. Building exactly the same scope, but with one having a "cheaper" sourced washer, spring, etc...will result in a different quality end product. A difference that may not show up until a point in the future when that lower quality part fails.

I'm sure they build to spec.

I just got in and mounted a 2-10x38 Maven. The box says made in Japan. The Maven info says components are made in Japan, assembled in the U.S., checked out in MT, the company HQ. They are sold direct, no middle man.

The glass on this one looks better than a VX-3i, the duplex is about like a VX-3i. Controls seem crisp and precise, although I've not put it thru it's paces, yet. ER is a bit short, but I'm not putting it on a big boomer. Warranty is reportedly lifetime. Not sure whose, as this is a small company. Hope they're can stick it out.

Anyone with experience with Maven's?

DF

The company HQ of maven is Lander WY I believe.

Or they moved.

I would guess the difference comes down to the specific requirements of the company paying LOW to make scopes.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/15/21.