Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I believe LOW builds to the specs provided by the company they are building for.

....there would be a lot wrapped up in that. Quality of parts used, what parts are made of, tube thickness, coatings, etc. Building exactly the same scope, but with one having a "cheaper" sourced washer, spring, etc...will result in a different quality end product. A difference that may not show up until a point in the future when that lower quality part fails.

I suppose that is probably the case - I guess when I look at this I look at it from my perspective - in that if it came from my factory regardless of name on the side of the scope I'd want it to be the best product I can produce since its coming out of my factory. But then I suppose thats why I don't run a manufacturing company wink

I think meeting a price point is more of a factor to a manufacturer than making the product the best it can be.

Absolutely.

It’s capitalism.

You make the best product you can to meet a price point. Price point is the target. Quality follows. The bigger buzz for the buck, the better one’s chance of success. And that’s the trick. It’s what made Bill Ruger a legend.

DF