That 2-10 maven seems a little like the old weaver 2-10 classic.

I talked to LOW at shotshow in 2004 about starting my own scope line. I was a broke student at the time but had been long range shooting for about 8 years and was sick of all the 1" tube mil dot reticle with moa dials and 2nd focal plane crap that companies were pushing as long range gear at the time.

I layed out some ideas I had for a 3-12x42, a 4-16x44, 5-20x50 and a fixed 8 power 8x44. They told me about all the prototyping costs I'd be responsible for and their minimum order size for each individual model. I wanted to do each in mil/mil and moa/moa so that meant minimum orders of each and prototyping of each.

I didn't have millions at the time so they told me a lower cost route was to look at some models they'd already developed and then just make some cosmetic changes etc. I wanted 30 mil tubes, stiff target turrets with low profile windage and zero stops, and first focal plane. Because they didn't have anything at the time really close to what I wanted it was going to be very expensive to develop what I wanted from scratch.

I think many optic companies just choose to take a model they've already developed and make a few minor changes just because the cost of creating a new one from scratch is so high and multiple new ones is astronomically high.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 12/15/21.