I've been telling my wife I'm going to order a new diesel suburban but she keeps saying she wants to keep her new hybrid pacifica a few more years. I think I should order the suburban while I still can. If you think we have supply chain problems now wait until China hits Taiwan. Most of the chips are made in Taiwan. China wants to crush American car manufacturers too.

I also want to order another full sized crew cab truck with a short box this time. I love my old hunting truck, it's a 94 2 door yukon, but with the kids getting old enough to hunt they want something with 4 doors. I just got an f150 lariat hybrid with the 6.5 foot bed that's loaded but I don't want to make it my hunting truck.

I want something with less options and maybe vinyl floor without the complexity of the hybrid system. I'm thinking a crew cab xlt with the 2.7 and 10 speed and the 36 gallon tank would be a good keeper for a hunting truck. If I need to tow I have my powerboost but the little 2.7 twin turbo gets good mileage and my mechanic friend said it should last for ever. He said it's better designed than the 3.5 and only recommends the 3.5 if your doing a lot of towing. My powerboost is the 3.5 plus hybrid and it does have a ton of power.

I'm getting carried away with wanting new vehicles which are traditionally a terrible investment but having a few extras really paid off this year. Either this market will correct and the deals will come back or the commies will keep screwing everything up and having extra cars and pickups will be better than money in the bank. We may end up like Cuba doing anything to keep our old rides on the road.

Bb