Originally Posted by 5sdad
I can't remember how old I was when I got my first Daisy. I do know that to cock it, I had to hold the muzzle between my feet and lean down on the lever. I wore out a number of Daisys during my youth. One of my pastimes was setting up toy soldiers in the dried-out garden plants in the fall and seeing if I could get them all with one load of BBs in the Model 99. I also recovered and reused BBs whenever possible.

LOL. I gave one of my nephews a Red Ryder when he was 5.
His mother, my sister in law, and a Libertard was extremely pissed.
I told her not to worry, he’s such a little shrimp, he won’t be able to cock it for a few years. So I was teaching him to shoot it, and had to cock the action for him.
A couple of hours later, we looked out the window into the backyard where he was playing. He had gotten the B.B. Gun out of the closet where his Dad had stashed it, and was cocking the Red Ryder in the exact manner you described!
Me and the little brother laughed out assed off. He didn’t have any B.B.’s in it, but the sister in law was not amused. 😬

And we used to shoot our little plastic Army men, with ours too, when we were kids. 🀠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~