Originally Posted by dubePA
Some years ago a feller's body shop here was burglarized. Thieves made off with thousands of dollars worth of hand tools and equipment that he had photo files of. Cops didn't make any progress on solving it, but his buddies fanned out and covered flea markets in a wide area for weeks afterwards, with copies of the photos. Eventually they traced that stuff back to the individuals responsible for the theft.

Since the theft, shop owner has built his house by the shop, added window bars, an alarm and cameras. All I'll say, is that justice was served upon the scum and no one will ever prove who meted that justice out. But they won't be back.

Once had problems with gasoline theft from tenants' cars in one parking lot, back in the mid 70s. Finally caught the guy responsible, but the local cops did nothing, because I didn't wait until he was actually siphoning gas into his can. Gave them the can and siphon pump the guy had stashed near one car, after he ran off. Also confronted his buddy parked nearby.

Weeks later came across that dipschit passed out in the same car along a local road, middle of the morning. Contacted one of our cops that's a friend of mine. They nailed that ahole for DUI, drugs in the car, etc. So I got some joy from it all.

Thieves are the scum of the earth.

I had a gas can on my truck that got emptied twice in a week. I put 3 gallons of water in it with a gallon of gas.

I never got ripped again.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.