Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I would point out that if you are dialing for distance, FFP is of little (no?) consequence. I don’t personally want my reticle to change with power settings, like it does with FFP, though others don’t mind. I would scratch that one from the requirement list.

A Zeiss V4 4-16x50 with their #93 illuminated reticle can be had from RHR for $799 and they are really nice units. The turret design is fantastic- best I’ve used or even just checked out; it’s killer. The scope is Jap built from the same folks building the NF SHV’s. The #93 is a simple reticle (not an xmas tree, avoid those) that that presents to my eye as a duplex give or take, but will still provide windage hashes for holding off. The illumination is slick. Optically superb.

If you go this route don’t get tempted by the 44mm version. Get the 50mm. I have both and can speak to that with some authority.

I highly doubt anyone is looking for advice from a dumbass liberal that can't balance himself on a ladder or open a box of bullets.....