Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Originally Posted by triplecanopy
My basic thought is that a lot of people fought and died for our right to vote. To just decide not to vote means that you A; are apathetic about who runs the country, or B; Believe those people fought and died so you could exercise your right to not vote.

Or option C: whoever you vote for gets you the same result. If anyone can show me a major deviation in UN policy across any of the 30 x 1st world countries, both political sides in the last 30 years Id be interested to hear it.

As it stands mass immigration, currency sales, moving manufacture offshore, moving services offshore, dissolution of family unit, sales of national assets( and price going through the roof for the next generation), complex bank derivatives screwing the market, civil disarmament and doubling police numbers per captita rolled out ""exactly the same speed across the 1st world" regardless "which side was in."

Or did I miss a sudden turn around on any of these points?

Did nationals give us our guns back, or labour?

Did the increased competition of selling our power grid to multinationals finally result in the promise of reduced costs or is the price still doubling every ten years?

Did we stop trading our real estate on wall street and drop the prices back to where young folk can actually buy a bloody house in the city again?

Did I miss where liberals who are all about business started making our own cars, fridges, textiles, industrial machinery again?

Please remind me where a labour or liberal swap over actually did anything.

Its possible the issue here is my magnifiying glass is just not strong enough and I missed it laugh

That just about sums it up. It seems that when we vote, we are not selecting good candidates, just the lesser of two evils... all the while feeling that just by participating in the charade it serves to encourage the bastards.

What can you do...

Apologies for the long absence on the thread that I started. Life has been a goat rodeo over the last few weeks.

I appreciate these two posts. It seems that we share the same problems with minor deviations at best. It isn't surprising that the progressive movement is everywhere in the 1st world countries. At 55 I've heard the "vote them out if you don't like their policies" mantra for far too long. It appears that this saying is a lot of hot air everywhere it is muttered. I've also kept waiting for the "Pendulum to swing in the other direction". Trump crudely exposing the uniparty here in the US was the greatest accomplishment of his presidency and maybe the only thing that he needed to accomplish. Do you guys deal with the uniparty phenomenon?

Considering your system in comparison to ours do you feel or see that you have better representation through your political system? What are some of the general complaints of Australians regarding your system?

Last edited by IZH27; 12/29/21.