Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Angus1895
60 yards = 180 feet

Average bow speed 200 FPS

Maybe 25 years ago. It's been a long time since I have seen a bow other than a recurve or long bow shoot a hunting weight arrow that slow. Heavy aluminum arrows included.

Were shooting just shy of 300 FPS with Carbon Arrows, and all of our Equipment Tuned to the Max!
I also left the Heavy Aluminum arrows Yrs ago to Carbon Arrows, completely changing all my Equipment, and Really updating and Changing with the Times!
We build our own Arrows, weigh everything, in Grams/Grains, Do all our own Tuning, as Mainly, Bow Shops are a thing of the past, like Everything else, especially good Bow Shops!
I really Don't need someone to BS me on my Gear, just for a Buck, and then when I'm in the Field, something might Fail, and I might not know why.
This Way My Son and I know our Equipment, and can Compare notes, and were able to spend the Time Together, as a very Rewarding Hobby!

I once Shot an 8 point Buck, white Tail, at 8 feet, away from me, as I was on the ground Still Hunting, a Corn Field in Ohio, with my Buddy, in my Favorite tree, about 300 yards away, on some Land that a couple of Farmers used to let Me Hunt, with Permission. I figured that I might be able to push some Deer his Way.
I watched that Deer walk in towards me, for a good bit, and then at about 3 yds, (8 ft. really), I drilled Him. I was Probably shooting around that 200 FPS, as was said earlier.
I was Using a Jennings Forked Lightning Bow, from the old Days, at about 62 lbs draw weight, and 140 grain Rocky Mountain ,4 blade Razors! That arrow blew clean through the Buck, Naturally, at that close Range, as the buck, turned Broadside, on an old access rd. next to the Corn. I used to still Hunt a lot, in Ohio, Bow Hunting, when I wasn't in a tree stand. It really, has Helped me Elk Hunting out West, as Still Hunting, is Mostly the preferred method, as most of you know. I'm no expert by any means, just another Hunter, who Enjoys the Sport, and is willing to share some experiences, and stories, and always willing to Learn from others, as I swore Back in the Day, I would only, shoot with Fingers, and Here I am, with a Release, as my Son Bought me a New Scott,
Finger Release for Christmas. Today, there are so many products on the Market, and were all a little Different. What might work for me, isn't necessarily, what you might like, or what works for you!
JMO!!!
Safe Hunting!

HS58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!