Just a lot of really good info and conversation here!
So we did some more shooting today, and getting adjusted more to the newer set up than I'm accustomed to.
Shooting some arrows through paper at a very close range, just to tune the bow as close to perfect as we can get.
Stripped the fletching off of an arrow, and made up the difference in weight, with a little electrical tape.
This has been our system for a long time, and it's not only proven but it works very well!
So it tells us the path of the arrow and helps us to tune the bow with the arrows,and visa versa.
Current set up; Bow Tech-Reign 7
Arrow Weight 377 Grains
Arrow Speed 277 FPS 64.2 Ft/Lbs. Arrow Drop
10 yds. 272.54 FPS. 62.1 Ft/Lbs. " " .5"
20 yds. 268.14 FPS. 60.1 Ft/Lbs. " " 0,9"
40 yds. 259.52 FPS. 56.3 Ft/Lbs. " " 1.8"
50 yds. 255.3 FPS. 54.5 Ft/Lbs. " " 2.3"
100 YDS. 235.06 FPS. 46.2 Ft/Lbs Arrow Drop 5.1"

So the plan is to keep working on Form, and Conditioning all Winter, and By spring to be able to Crank the Bow,
up Gradually, increasing the poundage, and everything else that will change with that along the way.
My Personal Goal at my older age is to eventually get up to 70 Lbs. Draw weight, and 300 FPS. Arrow Speed!
Naturally everything else will change with that and the Arrows will be quicker, and won't drop as much!
It's a Huge time commitment, and Dedication, like anything else, and I realize that it's not for everyone.
This is just the way My Son and I do it, along with a Few other guys, and it's a challenge.
It's not for everyone, and again, there's a huge Dedication to practice, and Time commitment,
almost to the point, it's a life style change, as far as dedicating the time to shoot, and practice, and keeping in shooting shape, and Condition!

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 01/15/22.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!