Many Thanks again Sir Ron, man it was a hell of a hunt, saw three mama's, two with yearlings, that spot of land is a tad over 800 acres, the winding creek bottom will provide miles of hunting walking it out east/west, it was a great day, was planning an over the should pic to say goodbye to the creek bottom and clearcut for the year, but as luck would have it i caught movement at last light, sit there unable to take a pic but studying the movement through bino, i had the wind so no one got educated, waited a bit, then hit a trail out to the road, it was great carrying that old original Sharps, dont think i added anything to it's character with new hunting bumps or bruises to its wood or metal ; ]

Sir Tony, Thanks, that's a 6 inch octagon barreled 500 Linebaugh revolver hanging on that pine tree with the old Sharps, it needed to be bloodied as well, was going to use it on a pig if one got close.

LOL Kurt, Saint Bagwell loved the 45 2-7/8ths, 516gr paper patch at 1378 fps is a great load in the old rifle, man it shoots good for a weapon being invoiced and sold in 1877, i gotcha on the contact, it was about the 40 cal 5/7 degree leade reamer, i'm going to go ahead and try to run paper patch in this 40 2-5/8ths SBN with full chamber length RMC brass when it gets here, it's the most hateful, cantankerous, moody chambering i've ever fooled with, that heifer best shape up quick or i'll send it to JES and have him run a 50-2.5" sharps drill bit from stem to stern on that hateful hag!

Trump Won!