Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by jimy
Maybe a 100 years ago when barrels were soldered together by hand there might have been some miss matched sets but today, you are wrong in your thinking.

Go to you bench and set a target at ten yards and shoot it with two Winchester AAs of 9 shot, and you will find one hole of about one inch in diameter, if not then the chock tubes you are using are junk, and if you still don't think its the tubes, then simply switch the tubes to the other barrel. you will be surprised !

The CZ Redhead Premier All Terrain I bought last Spring patterns 8” apart at 40 yards, with both the factory tubes and a Briley Turkey choke. I sent it back for that, and because it was waaaayyyy to hard to open. They corrected the tight action, then tested the patterns and informed me there was no problem; as the barrels were only 4” apart at 20 yards.Duh! I did a lot of online research about the issue and discovered that it’s not at all uncommon, even with guns that cost a lot more than my $1K CZ. The gunmakers are fine with that apparently, even the higher end ones. The “easy” fix is custom tubes from Briley or maybe others, but the job ain’t cheap, nor are the biased tubes that correct the POI. For turkey hunting, the easy way out is to use a sight adjusted for the tight barrel, and use a more open tube with another load for body shots or just learn the hold required. For upland wingshooting, it’s not a huge problem, as open chokes overlap pretty well at typical ranges. I’m still working on how much it affects my 5-stand shooting, but I clearly do better at that with either of my autos than the CZ. It’s going to take some time on the pattern board to see if it’s the barrels or just gun fit.

Or just you !

There's always that, painful as it is.

At least the spread is only vertical; if it was horizontal, I’d pack it in. Using the turkey tube in each barrel and a red dot, the patterns stack as perfectly as I’m able to judge.

What fresh Hell is this?