All I hunt is big woods, darn few fields in the national forest here. Early in the year when the woods are open before green up I usually use my trusty old Benelli M1 with either an Indian Creek or a Kick's turkey choke. With Hevi13 6's that old M1S90 has taken more than a few stubborn 50 yard gobblers in the open timber. Late season when things get greened up and bushy, I change out the turkey tube for a flush fit modified or often I'll break out my old 870 with plain modified barrel and 2.75" short magnum Winchester XX #6 loads. Late season in the timber means shots 30 yards and under, many times well under. The old 870 Wingmaster is a sentimental favorite that I have had since I was sixteen. That old shotgun is nearly silver, I have packed it so much as a young hunter I have the bluing nearly gone. It's fun to take it out once in awhile and it handles those sub 35 yard birds great.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.