Originally Posted by cooper57m
. . . I do have a list of what I own, their history, their desirability and their approx value. If my wife/heirs get 50 cents on the dollar it's ok. They will be left well enough off without needing to get full value. When I'm gone my ability to care is also gone.

I do have a list in a codicil to my will of what I have, as well (with a brief history of those of sentimental value to me). I also have serial numbers listed, if they have one. I do go back now and then and revise approx values as needed. I feel I should also expound on some of the histories, add approx acquisition dates and pictures could be of some value, too.

Much of what I have are just "run of the mill" factory stuff, but I do have several customs mixed in the bunch. If I tip over, my bride won't need to sell anything to go forward, but I don't think she will want to keep them either. I have also told my wife to consult with several friends I trust to help her out if she needs/wants to. Actual sale price and desirability are somewhat linked together in the end.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member