Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by pete53
well that maybe but i think the Ruger #1 is a very fine rifle ,i use a Ruger #1 , my son does , my son- in law does too , i gave them each one and this year i got a special treat i hunted with my 10 year old grandson in my stand and this grandson used my Ruger #1 257 Weatherby mag. killed a nice deer with my rifle but said it kicked to much for him. so i finally have a 257 Roberts coming in a Ruger #1 for this 10 year old grandson , i real nice guy is selling to me for this grandson and that excites me for my young grandson . sure i have plenty bolt rifles ,pumps and autos but using a classy single shot Ruger #1 is a pride thing for me and my family and teaches people young and old to make that 1st shot count ! Pete53

So, tell us how you really feel about Ruger #1's!

P.S. I agree - #1's are now my go-to hunting rifles (but rely on other stuff for target/competition).

Bill Ruger made a great if not a superior single shot affordable for blue collar working people and actually Federal cartridge still use the Ruger #1 action for testing centerfire ammo . myself i still use a #1 for deer every year in Minnesota probably for the last 15 - 20 years it will always be my favorite centerfire rifle , matter fact a custom Ruger #1 220 Swift rides in my truck all year/ every day. like i posted on this forum i am in the process of purchasing a real nice Ruger #1 257 Roberts for my only grandson ,i want this 10 year old grandson to have the best rifle made in America for a deer hunter that still has some class and beauty , plus it will teach him that the 1st shot is the most important shot always , just as grandson did on that deer he shot at 125 yards with my rifle as i coached him thru the shot at his deer . Ruger #1 is very safe ,easy to load and unload for everyone , hunters are always impressed when they see our Ruger #1`s ,some have never seen a Ruger #1 before, some of my friends after they see my Ruger #1 buy them also to hunt with.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman