Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Updated. Thanks Rory!
I've got some more research to do, but,...
Joseph V. Falcon was born in 1902 in Evanston, Ill.
In 1929 he was married in Evanston. (Chicago)
I have Falcon's 1907 pistol that letters to him while he was at Montgomery Ward which was headquartered in Chicago in the early '30's if I recall correctly.
Falcon was a buyer of firearms and sporting goods for Montgomery Ward & Co. in Chicago from 1925-1939.
In 1940, '49, 51 Falcon is located in Broome County, New York. 50-60 miles SW of Utica. Not sure of employment at this time.
Falcon was vice-president of Drybak Corp in Binghamton, NY, a hunting and clothing manufacturer from 1939-1950.
November, 1950 - Joseph V. Falcon succeeds W.D. Higgins as Sales Manager, being hired from Drybak Corp. in Binghamton, NY
The sale literature above puts Falcon at Savage in Jan. 1952 in Chicopee as sales manager at Savage.
April, 1955 - Joseph V. Falcon elected to Vice President and Director of Sales
August, 1956 - Joseph V. Falcon becomes Vice President and Asst. General Manager of Savage
Feb. or Mar. of 1957 - Joseph V. Falcon elected President upon the resignation of President Frederick F. Hickey, due to reasons of health.
I have posted the Savage Exec pic on the Boardwalk that appears to be post March '57 where Falcon is President of Savage.
The Falcon Rifle was presented in 1967 at retirement in Westfield (1950-1967).
Falcon died Jan. 1994 in Hampden County, MA at age 92.

2 years ago most didn't even know who Joseph Falcon was.
The man appears to have been a sportsman with a professional career of over 40 years with 3 companies in the outdoor sporting industry.

"Every day above ground is a good day."