I’m still here, I don’t post much but drop in from time to time to learn. I did acquire more Savage lever guns last year than I ever have, the bulk of them coming from a LGS friend that had bought out a collection that had 8 in it that he wanted to move before Christmas to go buy another collection of pistols. Got some reloading dies, bullets, and about 12 lbs of powder with them too! Most were nothing special and well used, but I’ll see how they shoot and have a few to trade or turn into projects. I did pick up a few others and I’ll try and figure out the picture thing and post about them as I have some questions to confirm what they are. I just don’t find as much time as I would like to be able to do that, the ranch, kids, and a full time job seem to not leave as much for my gun habit as I would like.

My gun addiction wasn’t limited to Savages though, picked up some others as well. I have been interested in single shots for awhile picked up a few of those. Some bolt guns also, four from a auction that were Rem 700 classics in fine shape, a .17 Rem, .257 Roberts, .250 Sav, .300 Sav. Also, been down the rabbit hole of having a custom fast twist .220 swift built for coyote hunting and had my great grandfathers Stevens 820B restored, which had been in pieces since I was a kid.

Glad to see 2021 gone with the drought, depressed cattle markets and other economic issues, Covid BS, and having back surgery right after Christmas! Hoping 2022 is better! Although I will be turning 40 this year and starting to crest that hill 😂, wishing everyone here a happy and blessed New Year.

Jake

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”- Augustus McCrae
“It’s better to have it, and not need it; than to need it and not have it.” - Woodrow Call