Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 22250rem
A good one indeed! I always find it amazing how they can come up with an expert on some of the most arcane, rare and generally unknown historical facts about some item that could be a few hundred or more years old that shows up in the shop. "No problem; I'll just call down my buddy who's a renowned expert on ( fill in the blank )".

It's likely they didn't get hooked up like that till after the TV show got big.

Hard to say. Old LGS that I was associated with been around for quite a while. You never inew who in the firearm fraternity would walk in. Been sharing PM’s with a poster here recently about Mr. Aagard’s visits back in the day.

But remembering the old man very well who started the shop and his associates ( all founding members of Texas Gun Collectors Assn back in the 50’s). We knew who to call or talk to when we needed additional info. I was lucky to be able to meet and handle some pretty historical stuff over the years. Did find two of my GGgrandfathers Colts in a private collection of a very famous collector in Waco. One is still in The Texas Ranger Museum at Ft. Fisher!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS