Originally Posted by Puddle
Originally Posted by moosemike
I shot one of mine with a 220 Core-Lokt. I was pretty happy with the performance. After having to shoot one four times with a 30-30 and having a 350 grain Interlock shatter into a thousand pieces on another one, that 220 did everything I hoped it would

I fully expect it'll take at least 2 rounds; the first to get its attention, and the second to anchor it.

Puddle;
Good evening sir, I hope the day behaved for you and this finds you well, warm and dry.

I grew up eating moose meat - Saskatchewan moose - often cows and calves though as I recall Mom giving Dad the gears bringing home a bull..."We can't eat the horns Fred!" laugh

Dad hunted with a .303 British first, then a .250 Savage and finally a .308, running whatever ammo the local hardware store had at the time. I recall him saying "Moose aren't that hard to kill, but some of them take awhile to know their dead"

My personal experience with the bullets listed on moose is second hand only and limited to the Accubond and Partition, both of which worked for two different neighbors.

One of them was over today shooting the breeze with me and we were actually telling moose that didn't know they were dead stories. He's shot about a dozen BC bulls I want to say and one up north just wasn't interested in falling over despite repeated applications of 180gr Partitions from his .300 Win Mag.

When another neighbor went north the fall before last I helped him set up a new to him '06 700 and he was running 190gr Accubonds as loaded by Winchester.

The only advice I had for him when he asked was to keep shooting if it was still standing - because of what Dad and a few hunting buddies have talked about.

You'll be good to go with an '06 and a bullet you trust though for sure.

If you're heading up into BC and you're traveling up the 97, drop me a PM and I'll try to get some coffee or fairly decent ice cream into you if you've got the time and inclination.

Good luck on the hunt prep and the hunt itself.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/10/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"