Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Diggin it. Who does your brass engineering?

Warning ! pic heavy post ....
** note ** in the last pic, the 8mm Razor has a 250 gr Woodleigh Weldcore RN SN with a sectional density at .343 for bone crushing penetration & stopping power

I design all my reamer and cartridge dimensions then have the brass manufacturer plug in my specs into their programs for brass production

The design phase for the Razor & Headhunter cartridges is done & I have 100 pcs of brass for each cartridge for testing/data creation purposes, all load data will be accumulated while wired with the Pressure Trace II system, hooked up with the Magnetospeed V3 chrono and Lab Radar present at all times , a time consuming process for one guy who has a day job working 6-10's a week in large scale heavy construction projects, but it will get done

The Razor was designed to slightly exceed the capacity of the RUM cartridges to reach the next node level at safe pressures and still work in 3.850" Accurate Mag & AICS CIP magazines with long, heavy high bc bullets

The Headhunter is the same diameter case but designed for single action target use, made longer in order to slightly exceed the capacity of the XC cartridges from David Tubb to reach the next high vel extreme accuracy node ....

One thing sets them apart is that the Razor/Headhunter series were designed specifically to run safely in Remington 700 and Winchester 70 actions, negating the need for expensive custom action for guys on a tight budget, case rim & diameter was crafted to be on the safe side for the tennons of these actions, & not require boltface alteration in the mag boltface aka 300 Win Mag, 375 H&H, 300 RUM etc., also the case head interior at the web on the brass has been beefed up in super tough hammer forged brass for an additional measure of safety and long case life at max pressures .....
All in a years work or 2, almost 3 , lol !

The intent is to release them to the public after the testing phase & once brass goes into production, if all goes well in this wild times we're living in .....

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".