Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
That mighty mouse looks bad ass.

Being a 30 cal loony for the past 100 years or so, I prefer the 30 cal version over the 6.5 MM, at only 2.9" in case length, it mimics 300 Weatherby velocities in a box fed short action Rem 700, I designed it to run 215 gr Berger bullets at 3000 fps and be mag & box compliant in short actions, back in 2012 I originally named it the 300 AKSM (Alaskan Short Magnum) and my intent with it was a light, packable mountain rifle for hunting dall sheep & mt. goats, and for hiking deep into inaccessible by atv valleys for monster moose, but the project got postponed for a couple years due to my ELR wildcats demanding my attention, later on I got involved with a Canuck competition shooter who wanted a 7mm version for comp use, at reamer production the name was changed to 300 LRC (Long Range Competition) .. after reamers were made, he bailed on the project and vanished ... I kinda want to change it to the 300 'Lil Bee or 300 Wee Bee in jest for 300 WBY, lol

Originally I used to cut down Lapua brand 338 Lapua Mag & 423 Dakota brass to fireform the cases but eventually ended up having a batch of fully formed, ready to load n shoot custom brass with correct headstamp made for my two rifles ...

Ist rifle is dedicated for general hunting use & sports a 24" 1:10 tw Bartlein barrel for using the usual bullets up to the 230 gr Bergers and all others suitable for the 10 tw barrel but my go to bullet is the 175 gr Federal Ascent (see 3rd pic with my other 30 cal 'Cats & the 300 RUM) that it shoots 1/2" groups with and I have 450 of them set aside just for this rifle , used one box with my 300 RUM loaded a few up to 3350 fps & watched my brother steamroll a large bull moose, bullet impressed the hell outta me, thems Federal Ascent's are fantastic big game hunting bullets, can't wait to get my hands on the new 215 gr Ascent in 30 caliber, coming soon in 2022, I'll dig in my phone and find the pics of the expanded bullet and the moose that got whacked by it , I'll post them later

the 2nd rifle I built was from misc parts I had on hand for several other projects that got jacked for this emergency use, lol
It has a 30" 1:8 tw Rock Creek barrel so I could shoot any bullet I wanted at the time, and it shoots absofukinlutely great !

I used it to test the very first 100 pcs of the 205 gr Badlands Super Bulldozer-2 bullets ever made by Badlands Precision and ended up shoving one of them into a bull moose in Sept 2020 for a spectacular one shot pop n drop killshot, was extremely impressed with the accuracy & on game performance with the cartridge & bullet, definitely a well arranged marriage

the 4th pic is a lineup of the 30 cal cartridges that I have rifles in my stable, told ya I was a dirt thirty loony ! (except for a 30 Nosler which I am now working on acquiring one ) with a few of my wildcats in the mix, 300 LRC, 300 LRH (300 Long Range Hunter aka 30-338 Norma Mag Improved to my specs, did that one in 2014/15) ... The 300 Werewolf was renamed to 300 Wolverine due to a clash with an existing wildcat named 300 Warewolf, basically a 308 Win Imp by Thomas Ware) the one time I got the incorrect go/no gauges from PT&G, I changed the name to align it with it's older brother the 338 Wolverine from 2010 , I designed the Wolverine off the 500 Jeffery case originally and used Norma, Jamison & Bertram brass to make cases from, but for the purpose of manufacturing a batch of custom brass for myself I redesigned the Wolverine to be a completely new case design no longer compatible with the 500 Jeffery case, such is my wildcat loony madness ! Hoping to see a batch of 300 Wolverine & 338 Wolverine custom brass 1st quarter of 2022 or by midsummer , fingers crossed !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Looks like you could lose a boot pretty easy in there lol Nice bull!!

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns