Originally Posted by Papag
So WTF does he think his "board" membership entitle him to in respect to someone else's property? I'm A board member, and former chairman, in my sportsmens club and have never felt entitled to anything but input and bitching from the membership. You did good.

Man, that’s the truth. I was a board member at a very large trap club. It entitled me to be the whipping boy for every self absorbed pr#*k with a shotgun. It entitled me to put on coveralls instead of a shooting vest at every event. To climb on a roof in 105 degree heat to change out a greasy kitchen exhaust fan during a state shoot and to clean up the sewage left behind when a cheapskate decided to dump his camper holding tank rather than pay at an rv dump.

The whining and complaining was unending from the members and visiting shooters. It ruined me for ever wanting to shoot registered targets again.

Board member or not, there’s plenty of self absorbed, entitled pr#*ks with firearms. A lot of them just don’t get the concept of respecting others and their time and equipment. I will say that since our club went members only and raised the annual membership fees, the incidents of range stupidity have gone down noticeably.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.