Originally Posted by cooper57m
Thanks, that's one of the sites that I am regularly checking. I'm not big fan of Cheddite primers as I shoot Brownings/Mirokus and they tend to pierce those primers. The hot gasses erodes the tip of the firing pins, eventually resulting in unreliable ignition, requiring replacement of the firing pins. I much prefer US made primers (Win, CCI, Federal) as they use a softer and more malleable metal (copper) for the primer cover then Cheddite's steel, which is harder and more brittle. I think the primers that my friend has, and is willing to trade for my 28 ga reloader, are CCI. I also have a few Win primers. I also know that these days you're more likely to find a virginal stripper than US made primers for sale.

BTW, has anyone noticed the prices on-line for .410 target ammo? I've been routinely seeing those that have it want $25 to $60 per box of 25 and people are paying it. Crazy times indeed.

I just texted a shooting buddy for "Ya" if he has any W-W .410 hulls. He doesn't shoot .410 but he is a pack rat on shotgun hulls. STAY TUNED. I do have a box Winchester .410 skeet you can have for the cost of shipping a USPS small rate box.