Originally Posted by cooper57m
Greg, the thing is we don't HAVE to help each other out. Too many would have (and have been) taken the opportunity to make a killing in such a situation/position. Instead, you and your buddy chose to be kind and helpful, not exploitative. That is character! - Bill

Cooper57,

My gun club sponsors a boy scout troop of which I am the shooting merit badge counselor. I also have a 5 man squad of scouts of clay shooters I'm teaching to shoot skeet and trap, ages range from 11 to 15.

The 15 year old "Just loves" everything shooting and hunting. My gun club held a dinner and auction this past
Saturday where members donate unused shooting stuff to be auctioned off to benefit the clubs youth shooting programs.

The dad of the 15 year old asked to review the auction items for anything his son could use. I found 3 items for the dad/son to bid on and a TC .50 for the dad to buy for himself.

Trying to keep a long story short the 15 year old son "won" a almost new 12 gauge MEC 9000.....FOR.. $30.00.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? Now I have to tech the young lad how to use it.....after finding powder and primers.....UGG!!