Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by pullit
I will admit after I got a RCBS Chargemaster, I don't use a powder measure much anymore

Dropping with a powder measure is significantly faster and very accurate with ball powders. A chargemaster would be a waste of time and money for this application.

Agree 100%. Sphericals meter beautifully in my Uniflow. So do some of the finer granulated extruded powders like Benchmark, LT32, and maybe some others. Using a Chargemaster for those powders seems downright silly to me...I think the Uniflow would drop more uniform charges with these powders than the Chargemaster can. Besides, one thing I like about using a measure like a Uniflow is the ability to use quarter-grain increments for small cartridges.

I have both a good powder measure and a Chargemaster. The Charge master only gets used with stick powders.

That's where I would use the Chargemaster. I can see the usefulness there. But with ball powder, what the op is inquiring about? Just drop and go with a powder measure. Its extremely accurate and quick. Not that I'm trying to skimp on a process, but when you have a lot to load, it just makes sense. It seems like some guys like complicating things here, or giving others bad advice. I'll load over 300/hr doing it this way. That includes some 308w as well.. Accuracy of the loads do not suffer either. Newbies may not know this.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA