Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by pullit
I will admit after I got a RCBS Chargemaster, I don't use a powder measure much anymore

Dropping with a powder measure is significantly faster and very accurate with ball powders. A chargemaster would be a waste of time and money for this application.

Agree 100%. Sphericals meter beautifully in my Uniflow. So do some of the finer granulated extruded powders like Benchmark, LT32, and maybe some others. Using a Chargemaster for those powders seems downright silly to me...I think the Uniflow would drop more uniform charges with these powders than the Chargemaster can. Besides, one thing I like about using a measure like a Uniflow is the ability to use quarter-grain increments for small cartridges.

I have both a good powder measure and a Chargemaster. The Charge master only gets used with stick powders.

That's where I would use the Chargemaster. I can see the usefulness there. But with ball powder, what the op is inquiring about? Just drop and go with a powder measure. Its extremely accurate and quick. Not that I'm trying to skimp on a process, but when you have a lot to load, it just makes sense. It seems like some guys like complicating things here, or giving others bad advice. I'll load over 300/hr doing it this way. That includes some 308w as well.. Accuracy of the loads do not suffer either. Newbies may not know this.

If I had enough mad money I might go the electronic route. But H4350 and H4831SC are about the most coarse powders I load and them only for 10 or 20 hunting hunting or sight checking rounds. You’re right about drop-n-go powdering. Once I get the powder drop dialed in I can hold a tray of 80 pistol or small to medium rifle brass under the drop tube and run that sucker. Weigh a throw after each tray to confirm and boogie on.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."