Kaboku68: The pre-war Model 70's are virtually all "very slick" when the bolt is worked.
I have a mint condition first year production Model 70 "Bull Gun" that's bolt operation is so smooth its like butter compared to my latter vintage Model 70's!
I don't know the secret to this but I am not surprised by the comparative smoothness of the pre-war Model 70's bolt operation anymore.
Indeed the $2,000.00 asking price is "strong" but if all original and the bore is shiney - I say go for it with your cash in hand offer, starting at $1,750.00 and work up slowly.
Our monies (United States dollars!) are becoming less and less valuable monthly under china joe biden and his ho - as of now $2,000.00 is only worth what $1,860.00 was just last year!
I say buy that rarish Rifle at the best price you can finagle and enjoy the pride of ownership in that classy Rifle.
I bought my first pre-war Model 70 years ago and it has beaten inflation in its appreciation - noticeably!
Finding a factory original unmolested 95% condition pre-war Model 70 is getting to be VERY hard to do.
Best of luck to you with what ever you decide to do.
Long live the Riflemans Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy