Pluses & Misuses. As noted (honest) 95% condition gun IF all original, pretty uncommon in those factors.. Moreover the price curve in respect of such "high condition" all original specimens is steep. Conversely the most common chambering of the most common "Standard Model" configuration of the 70".
A formula I often applied as a collector, when the next such likely comparable "opportunity" and value of my own time IF needing to seek. I would buy such a gun as reflected here and definitely not spend any time looking back to "post-mortem" the transaction! Not the matter of someone, somewhere getting a better deal. the question of your positioning and how it 'fits' your budget, whims & needs. "Disposable income to accommodate!
I appreciate the above referenced Lew as the Model 70 expert's expert. All as true and I've recommended him before. But here not exactly a true Winchester expert question involving Model 70 rare sub-model evaluation. Where common model & config "value", nowadays all over the board and also vary by such factors of whom as seller, method of sale, competition, urgency, regional price and particular collector interest factor variations, etc. Objective evaluation one matter, personal subjective factors" as beyond normal expertise. The value gamble, a 'pay to play' game. Simply that! I'm not knowledgeable of contemporary prices but that always second for me, as noted. My own criteria and desires. as often "grab it" while available!

The saddest words of tongue and pen, are those that say "it might have been..."

Just my take!
Best!
John