Originally Posted by thumbcocker
What a shame. There is getting to be a long list of companies like them. I just found an arctic carharrt jacket in my attic that I bought in 2001 and never wore. It's brand new

thumbcocker;
Good afternoon sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and this finds you well.

I'm not sure exactly when, but the coats about 20 odd years back began to be made in Mexico.

If your part of the world is like up here, vintage Carhartt stuff made in USA is going for way more than I paid new so there is that option.

During spring, fall and winter I live in Carhartt bib overalls, but when I looked at the ones for sale at the local shop at Christmas, I saw they were made in India instead of Mexico where the last ones I bought were made.

I know the folks in India need to eat too, but it irked me sufficiently that I didn't pick them up.

For my fellow Canucks here there's a company called Tough Duck from back east that make "some" of the clothes here. The bibs used to be, but I'm not sure if they still are.

I just ordered some from a place called Northern Boots so I guess I'll be finding out.

It is too bad about Carhartt for sure, but up here it seems the lumbersexuals and hipster looking females wear them more than the working folks.

Hopefully that was useful to you or someone out there thumbcocker.

All the best to you regardless of our work clothing issues.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"