I had a Nissan Frontier,...2004 model. 2.4 liter 4 cylinder. I was lucky if it got 14 mpg around town. I might as well have been driving an Escalade as far as gas milage was concerned. On a good day it would get 22,..maybe 24 out on the road.

,..and it was a *slug*.

Out on the Interstate--keeping up with traffic at 80 mph, it sounded like every nut on every bolt on the motor was about to take flight and go into orbit. If you held it to the floor long enough it would hit 100 mph with a good tailwind,..but that was it.

Also, every belt on the thing squealed like hell. You could replace the belts,...replace the belt tensioners,...do whatever. And maybe the belts would stop squealing for 2 or 3 months. Then they were back at it again.

Oh!,...and it rode like a log wagon and swayed like it was going to roll over when I went around a curve. I put heavy duty shocks on the rear to try to help the situation, but it made no difference.

I think I bent the shifting folks in the manual transmission from pulling it down into 4th from 5th in order to go up a hill. It wouldn't pull an incline in 5th gear.

After that it would make grinding noises off and on when you were going down the road.

I traded it in when I bought a Camry.

I was never so happy to get rid of a vehicle in my life. (well, that's not actually true. I hated my BMW 325I more. But that's a whole different story)

Anyway, I'm real particular when I buy a vehicle these days. Nissan isn't on the list.