Originally Posted by Justahunter
GW,

This is an awesome thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and stories.

I have had the absolute pleasure of you owning a couple of my knives. It makes me very proud that you came back after the first and I appreciate you more than I can ever express. If you decide to sell your TCK's, please let me know as I'll find a way to purchase them back.

Todd

Todd..........

Those will not be going on the chopping block any time soon unless its to be used to skin or decapitate a critter. Ya!

I was in need of checking out something and I revisited this thread for the first time this AM. I was up from 12:30 to 4:30 looking for a Menefee set I had committed to selling and could not find as well as about six others I have misplaced when I relocated my collection.

Anywho, I’ve now been juggling PM’s from 42 different individuals, and so far have only over-committed once, and managed to get that fixed to all’s satisfaction. However, the day ain’t over yet and I’m mechanically inclined…… I can screw up anything. LOL

I could not refrain from making a response, even at this late hour.

For those that do not know Todd is a custom knifemaker and his leather work is amazing. We are old friends from my Accurate Reloading days. In fact, I was to do an elk hunt with Todd. IIRC that was about the time my dad passed and I was not able to make the trip.

So here is the gist of a post I made in the Knives forum in regard to Mr. Todd Thayn, Thayn Custom Knives....................

Full disclosure: Todd Thayn and I had been internet buds for prolly near a decade or more before I knew he was making knives and sheaths.

Todd posts here on 24hr. using the screen name of "justahunter"

This is the first knife that I got from Todd, Weathered L6 Steel and Spalted Pecan.

IIRC, Todd told me that he had let the bar stock from which these knives were made weather for +/- 6 years.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

He inscribed my initials and birthdate on the spine.

as you can see.......

It works!

He has been kind enough to make a set of 4 kinves for my two boys, oldest grandson and my son in law.

Here are two of those. He engraved their initals and birthdate on the spine of each knife.

and their initials on the sheath that accompanied each knife!

My grandson Jacob's knife was given to him for his birthday. This deer and 5 others were skinned with his knife the day he took this buck, before it had to be resharpened.

The next knife is Todds interpretation of a Nessmuk style blade. Weathered L6 Steel and Buffalo horn scales

Its a brute.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.