Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Food, water, and ammunition?

Originally Posted by strikeu
My biggest collection item (both in money and size) is vintage stereo gear. Receivers / amps / speakers.

Cool. I just picked up my Onkyo Integra A-8076 from the shop. Going to fire it up tonight and watch The Last Waltz. Also have a Hitachi SR-84, some vintage Klipsch, 2 pairs of Scott S-15.

That Hitachi is pretty cool.

what Klipsch you got? My most power is a Marantz 2330, several couple of mid power Sansui 7070 and Six. today actually just received a Concept 7.5D, sort of a cult following that Concept line. My speakers run the gamut from couple sets of Pioneer CS-99A and 88A to the higher power set of Sansui SP-X9700, some Paradigm and DCM timeframes. pair of energy C-4 (see my dick comment below applies to me here) . I've probably ruined more speakers than I've owned.

I'll be a dick for a second, LOL. anything black plastic from the 90's ain't vintage. although I DO have some pioneer Elite stuff I don't admit it often.

Klipsch are KG 3.5 w/ upgraded crossover caps and Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms. I refinished the cabinets too. The Hitachi is the SR-804. The Onkyo A-8067 is from the mid '80s, the last of their good stuff. Black but not plastic, high current, solid amp. Conservatively rated at 80W RMS. I bought it with the matching tuner from the original owner a few years ago. This was it's first service in over 35 years.

A-8067 Review

With both channels driving 8-ohm loads at 1,000 Hz, the output clipped at 98 watts for a clipping headroom of 0.88 dB. With 4-ohm loads, the output at clipping was 144 watts per channel, and with 2-ohm loads it was an impressive 200 watts per channel.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy