I have owned more than a few Kimbers and never had a bad one. I just flat like the ergonomics, especially the Montana's.

The last one I owned was a Montana 84L in 270 Win. It shot great off the bench with proper light rifle technique. Out hunting, the rifle just would not settle. Shot a couple deer with it and it went down the road.

I got back into the Kimber game with a used Montana 8400 in 270 Win. Slapped a Leupold 3.5-10 on it and headed to range after making sure the barrel was clean, the action screws torqued and trigger right where I want it.

I checked 4 loads I had on hand. 100gr NAB, 130gr NBT, 130gr GMX and 130gr TSX. The only load the rifle did not like was the 130gr GMX. The other.

100gr NAB: average group 0.97 @3230 fps
130gr NBT: average group 0.76 @3053fps
130gr TSX: average group 1.02 @3076fps

My latest is a Montana 84M in 338 Federal. Did the same thing as above, cleaned the barrel, torqued the action screws and checked the trigger.
Going to the range this weekend to run a few rounds through it. I do not have standard loads like I do with the 270 Winchester. So I am starting from scratch with this cartridge. I fully expect this Kimber to shoot like all the others I have had. If it does not, a new barrel will be put on post haste. Heavier contour of course.

I am sure this rifle will have the same issue settling down for the shot out hunting, but I will deal with it. This rifle is going to be used mostly for rattling set ups in thick cover and covering lots of ground in the Black Hills. Shots will be close, typically 40-60 yards or so.

Arcus Venator