Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by slumlord
I never heard of anyone being twilight or awake for it or wanted to be. But that’s just my circle of encounters. Maybe so

Docs tell me even when running the camera up my cock, they DO NOT want me awake.

You should be under General so that you dont flinch or jerk or make a voluntary movement that would cause something bad to happen like a tear or rupture.

A lot of people on here talk outta their ass too

Couldnt even get people to post pics of cholesterol lab numbers. Tell me some are FOS or are too dumb to have and maintain an electronic medical patient portal.

I probably had 15 - 20 cystoscopy's ( bladder scope) and they never knocked me out. Med insurance won't cover it. The bonus is it only lasts for a few minutes. Numbing the little hole is shall we say uncomfortable and does not do much. Getting past the prostate is quite a bump in the road. Glad I got past all that but will be forever paranoid on multiple levels

I’ve only had about 10,11. Stent placements.

There are some sharp curves since the transplant is in the pelvis beside the bladder, so the bulbar hump, then some wonky twists and turns.
My stents are flexi metal now, cobalt. So the procedures are spaced out further.

They put me under general also because sometimes they cannot execute from a retrograde approach and have to wheel me over to interventional radiology and punch the stent in from the topside, antegrade directly into the abdominal wall and into the calyx of the kidney and thread the stent downward.

Have had one done with only the lidocaine squirt. Nope not again.