I've never had a 416 Ruger so can not comment on it.
I have had/have 3, 416 Remington's. 2 of which I hunted with a lot and have had 2, 416 Taylor's. 1 of which I killed a lot of game with. The other one has dumped Lots of bears as I gave it to a friend who is a guide.
From a close range dumping a brown bear. I never noticed any difference. I Really Really like both cartridges. And both have saved my bacon and filled freezers equally well.
I would very much like a Ruger Guide Gun in 416 Ruger. And I think it would work just as well.

I also have been hung up on .410" bullets . Ron had good success turning 416 bullets into 410 bullets by pushing them thru a sizing die. So it's not such a huge ordeal.
The main attraction for me with the 400 Whelen,/ Petrov is the ability to use useless 06 brass to make a great cartridge for bear and moose.
But I stopped at 375 cal with the 375 Whelen A.I. . As 375 bullets are easier to come by than 410 or 416 bullets are.
A 250 gr TTSX .375 bullet at 2500 fps is a very good all around Alaskans load. And in a nice short light rifle it's very easy to have with.