I have no idea about gas rigs, a Ford Raptor interests me not at all, mainly because it is a Ford. One of the main reasons for the disclaimer is the way the D2 engine builds torque. If engine RPM drives the trans pump there is only so much builders can do to increase trans line pressure at low RPMs where a D2 engine makes the most torque. If peak torque comes in at say 1600 RPM and peaks at 2400 RPM that is not alot of fluid movement in comparison to a gasser that has max torque at 4000 RPM. So much easier to let the smoke out of trans parts behind a D2 engine...have done it several times. Little tweak for more power kills the factory trans, buy an aftermarket and think i will never be over the HP rating of this trans. Another little tweak such as a programmer, turbo or injectors because (you think) the trans can hold it, right? Wrong. It can and will for a while then it lets go and you are shopping again. Soon you have spent 22K on 3 different transmissions to get a trans rated at 850 HP that you should have bought the first time. I think if you were to swap gears with the taller tires you will do yourself a favor. if you have 3.42s going to 4.10s or 4.30s would be ideal.