Originally Posted by ndh19
I should mention I have two .223 rems for training she could shoot all day long for practice but I prefer a heavier bullet for our sometimes large wisconsin deer

Good on you for doing this. That is something I would have brought up, had you not said it. I've seen some kids ruined because their dads started them out on something that recoils too much for them. They develop bad habits that are hard to break, like flinching and losing focus when they should really be learning marksmanship without getting beat up. A 223 is an excellent stepping stone. A 243w is also a great choice in cartridge for deer hunting as well. You may also want to consider low recoil factory ammo for either of the cartridges you are thinking about buying. Like someone else said, the 2 cartridges are like 2 peas in a pod. I have some of each and love them. If elk were on the menu, I'd probably lean more towards the 7mm08 with a mono metal like the 140gr TTSX. Worked great for me last season on the bull I shot. The creedmoor would probably do about the same with the right bullet, but for some reason my preference was for the 7mm... Good luck with it!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA