Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I'm thinkin' it has big potential and could turn out to be better than the STW or RUM based on the case design......

And your point is?

Are you trying to garner support for a project? Or are you trying to get someone else to do it and then you can say it was your idea?

You've stated a hypothesis. Now prove it! The only way to prove it is to build one. Are you going to do it, or do you just want to talk about it?

Yes the Ruger case is fatter than the .300 Winnie. But it's shorter. (And yes, I've measured it. I have a whole box of Ruger ammo in my hand.) And yes it has less body taper. (I've measured that, too)

As we all know: Case capacity equals velocity. Therefore, logic tells us that it will be more than the 7mm Maggie, and less than the 7mm STW. And probably very close to the 7mm Dakota. At equal pressures!

I say: "Go for it!" Some folks just have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. grin What are you going to call it? the 7mm2MG?

7mm barrels are cheap. 'Course custom reamers are upwards to $200 and custom dies are around $150. And then there's custom headspace gauges, and expensive brass.... But the upside is you can name it. (If someone hasn't already..... and they probably have... smile )

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"