Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I'm in a state of confusion, now. Every time I read or hear anything, a different case capacity is quoted.........

Case capacity is a very inexact science. It will vary depending on who made the brass and what batch it came from within a manufacturer.

Even identical brass will have different volumetric capacities once it is fired, dependant upon chamber dimensions.

I do not believe a 30-375 Ruger will do a darned thing that can't be done with a 300 Wea, nor much that can't be done with a 300 Win mag.

That does not stop me from wanting one for the same reason I wanted a 264, and a 22-243AI, and a 7STW, and a 260 Rem. The latter two before anybody but nuts like the ones (me included)who frequent these forums had ever heard of them. I just think the 375 Ruger case design is great design and it should have been the design of choice when the 7 Rem mag and 300 Win mag were designed.

Not that I have anything against belts on my magnum, or fins on my Cadillac, for that matter. They are equally useful.

2MG,

Man, if you have an itch for a 7mm-375 Ruger, by all means have one built. That is what this rifle looney business is all about. You will have a great conversation piece where ever you carry it. Working up loads will be fun since it is not in any of the books. But it is close enough to the 7STW that you have good starting points with a bunch of different components.

And most of us will be very anxious to hear how your loads work out and what kind of real world performance you can achieve.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.