I thought about the same thing when I first heard about the 375 ruger. To be honest, I don't really see the point of the 375 ruger. The concept of designing a case solely for the purpose of equaling the 375 H&H while using a standard length action in order to make it cheaper is a bit lost on me. Folks that need something the size of the 375 H&H generally have a lot of money invested in a hunt anyways, so saving a few hundred bucks by buying the cheaper ruger isn't really going to factor into their decision making. I just don't see the market for the 375 ruger. However, I do see the potential of the case for wildcatters. My first thought went to a 7mm version on this case. I'm not sure it'll have quite the capacity of the 7mm stw, but it'll be close. It gets rid of the belt that so many people hate (I don't), and it'll fit in a standard size action. I've had both the 7mm stw and 7mm rem mag and the stw is good for about 250 fps over the rem mag. 140 gr bullets were no problem out of the stw at 3450-3500 fps. I'd imagine the 7mm-375 ruger should easily give you 3400 fps with 140 gr bullets, plenty for me. A huge advantage that I can see is that the reamer for a 7mm-375 should easily clean up a standard 7mm rem mag chamber and it shouldn't require any feeding modifications, so all it would really take to convert a 7mm rem mag to the new wildcat would be running a reamer into the chamber.