Some of you folks exhibiting here, had a "Lucky Strike", no butts about it! Sorry, I couldn't resist, though admittedly some of the less than "senior citizen crowd" probably wouldn't get the inference.

I don't have any such specimens that I could necessarily conclude were in the "cigarette rifle" category. I do believe that a more typical characteristic was in "omission". That no maker ID was usually evident. They were typically so-characterized by inference of bare bones minimalist conversions. Many even retaining military cut down & recontoured stocks. Moreover, such products predominantly reflecting European characteristics in iron sights and stock refurbs or sporter substitutions. I do also believe that most of these have subsequently 'morphed' in such as Americanization "Bubba" as well as pro custom gunmaker 'stuff of some nice sporters'. Just how many true to be characterized "cigarette rifles" ever existed and the fact that many worthy ones were further modified; these rifles as something of era 'art forms', are largely disappeared.

I'm including one rifle, which I do believe reflected such typical rifle though "making do, more with less" as the interwar "cottage industry" milsurps were perhaps a bit more attention to detail. Indeed, this specimen I present has been quite professionally scrubbed. The military stock is yet evident though even it is certainly a reflection of superior 'make do' skills. A Mauser small ring Model AZ specimen yet in 8x57S chambering. Factually a wonderfully light, natural pointing utility rifle! I picked it up decades ago, then 'for a song'! Now one of my more cherished rifles... Just for what it is!

Thanks for the interesting Thread!
Best!
John

Attached Images
R195-3U.jpg (23.01 KB, 597 downloads)
R195-4U.jpg (22.15 KB, 595 downloads)
R195-11U.jpg (18.45 KB, 593 downloads)
R195-12.jpg (11.52 KB, 590 downloads)
R195-7U.jpg (18.45 KB, 589 downloads)